“Say Whaa??? JTorry has opened a Professional Makeup Academy!”
That is right! You have probably seen a few posts about the JTorry Makeup +Hair opening a Professional Makeup Academy, and are wondering what exactly does it entail and what’s so special about it?
One of my biggest dreams in life is to teach, and now I can proudly say that I am able to fulfill this dream. I have created a Professional Makeup Academy to help aspiring artists realize their dream of owning a business as a Professional Makeup Artist or having a career as a Professional Makeup Artist.
I structured the Academy to a more hands-on, intimate experience for my students as the classes are maxed out at 8 students per session. This gives me the chance to really get to know each student and give each student the attention and training required to be successful at their trade.
Students will learn the following:
- You will learn the basics of Business Foundation that is necessary to start your own MUA business, i.e. what you need to do to register your business, how to speak to clients, law of proper sanitation, etc.
- You will also learn the essential skills and techniques on how to properly prep your client’s skin, how to color correct, match and color blend foundation, and how to apply makeup flawlessly.
- You will learn what colors look best on the different skin tones/types, how to properly blend eyeshadow colors, learn how to create a natural look and a glam look. You will learn how to properly apply false lashes, and what lashes look best on the different eye shapes.
- You will learn how to properly highlight and contour different face shapes to accentuate client’s features, and you will learn much, much more about how light affects your work.
- Courses will take place within a three (3) week span, and classes will usually be held Tuesdays through Thursdays from 10 am until 2 pm at the JTorry Studio/ Academy, and in the final week students will have to schedule a day to take their Certification exam.
- After the course work is completed, student will receive a Makeup Certification. Also as an added bonus, certified students will have access to continued mentorship with me and my team to gain more experience and be more confident in how to interact with actual clients.
The mission of the JTorry Makeup Academy is that we are passionate and dedicated to helping to enhance our students’ skills as a Makeup Artist by teaching them the necessary techniques to be a confident, Certified, and Professional Makeup Artist.
Due to high demand, I will still host classes for those who are wanting to learn beginner Makeup lessons on themselves, and offer two different classes: one is my group class, Makeup 101- Makeup Lessons for the Everyday woman and the other is a 1:1 Private Makeup lesson with me. These classes are hands on live demonstration where I will teach you how to do your own makeup with the tools you already have.These classes are designed to help the everyday woman learn to apply their own makeup confidently and flawlessly.
Looking forward to meeting you!